Exploring the Data in the Education Theme
Education Theme Score = 46.22/100
Explore the data, equality scores and information on education in Tulsa here.
CAP Tulsa—Preparing Young Children for School Success
CAP Tulsa | February 22, 2021
In our latest blog post, Karen Kiely, Executive Director/CEO of CAP Tulsa, discusses how investments and two-generation approaches in early childhood lay the foundation for later school success. [Read more]
Education Session Recap
Last month, more than 70 community members joined our second of six community engagement sessions. During our February session we reviewed the Education theme of the Tulsa Equality Indicators report with Dr. Deborah Gist, Superintendent of Tulsa Public Schools; Carlisha Williams Bradley, Executive Director, ImpactTulsa; Ricardo Rivera, Director, JUVENGAF (JUVENtud GArantia del Futuro); and Dr. Joyce McClellan, Chief Development and Diversity Officer, Tulsa Tech.
- Education is the highest scoring theme with a score of 46.22 and has the highest change score with an 8.56-point increase since the baseline; this progress largely reflects the collaborative efforts of Tulsa Public Schools and the community to eliminate disparities in educational success and outcomes.
- Partnerships with schools, parents, community-based organizations, and the City are essential to ensure student success.
- Disaggregated data must be used to both identify disparities and drive solutions to ensure all students have equitable opportunities for success.
- Structural and institutional racism play a major role in the inequitable outcomes of students.
- COVID-19 exacerbated disparities that already existed.
- Everyone can support equitable opportunities and outcomes for students by advocating for and supporting policies for equitable recovery from COVID-19.
Resources & Links
Below are resources shared during the community engagement session by panelists and participants.
Language Access Notice
Following are the steps to add auto-translated subtitles to the event recording:
1. Click CC
2. Click Settings
3. Click Subtitles/CC
4. Click Autotranslate
5. Choose your language
Education Data Indicators
Click on the below infographics to further explore the data.